Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New solo album: In My Dreams I Can Fly !!!

I'm not sure who may see this since I'm not on here very often, but I would like to announce that I have finally finished my album of guitar instrumentals! The reason I set up this blog in the first place.

Rather than go the traditional route of finding a record label, I want to bring the music directly to you, but I need your help. I am now taking pre-orders on Kickstarter to raise the funds to get the CD pressed.

The album is called In My Dreams I Can Fly and features 12 brand new original instrumental works for electric guitar. Sort of in the vein of Joe Satriani or Eric Johnson perhaps, but with my own style and substance.

There are two videos on Kickstarter that feature sound clips from the album and a bit of a presentation by yours truly. The one down at the bottom seems to be getting the most interest, so please, stop by and have a listen. And, if you could, help me get the word out by sharing this link where you can… forums, music blogs, facebook, myspace, anyplace. The funding drive ends at Midnight, November 5th, 2012 so there isn’t a whole lot of time!! Thanks.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/billberends/1920478859/

This is an all-or-nothing proposition with Kickstarter, so your money is not at risk. I either reach my goal and the CD gets pressed, or I don't, in which case you won't be charged. I really hope you can help me bring it to fruition by placing a pre-order now. I think it’s a great album that Mastermind fans can enjoy, but it’s good for classic blues rockers as well, and certainly for guitar enthusiasts! For prog fans I am pleased mention I have Jason Gianni of the Neal Morse band helping me out on drums for this record and Jason kicks ass!

I really hope I can get the CD out to you THIS year because this is a very important record for me. After this album gets released there will be a new Mastermind album coming, possibly next year, but a lot depends on if I can get this new album funded, so I am asking for your help. Thanks for reading and go check it out!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/billberends/1920478859/

Thanks!!
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment