Wednesday, March 28, 2012

2012 already?!

Wow... it's been a long time since I've even logged in here. Is it really 2012 already?! Damn. I have so many places on the web this one kind of got put on the back burner. Sorry about that. To keep up with my current activities, bookmark my home page which is easy enough to recall if you can remember my name... billberends.com

Go check it out now! Actually, check it out in a few days, I plan to do some news and updates in April. I am falling woefully behind on the virtual world I'm afraid. You can friend me on Facebook for quick updates and the odd joke or political rant, but I am trying to keep that in check these days. I really just want to concentrate on music now, but you can usually find me there... facebook.com/billberends

Anyway, thanks for stopping by! Lots more music coming in 2012. Also, believe it or not, 2012 is the 25th Anniversary of MASTERMIND (!) so I plan to do something special for that. Not sure what yet, but check in from time to time to find out. We do have a new album in the works, but it may be a while before it's completed. Perhaps later this year.

My own solo album of guitar instrumentals which I promised some time ago is finally in the final stages of mixing now. Everything takes longer than I'd like, but I think it was worth the wait. I am really very pleased with it and plan to get it out there somehow in 2012.

Below is some recent video from another band I play with that does a Mahavishnu Orchestra trip. Good fun. Lots more video on my youtube page which is (wait for it)... youtube.com/billberends :)



Otherwise things are okay. My health has been pretty good (knock on wood), I think my playing has improved, and I've written a lot of new music. Some of my best if I do say so myself! Now getting it recorded and out into the world is the primary goal. It's a different world now, but hang in there, I will get this stuff released somehow. I promise.

A couple of live shows coming up too. Visit my schedule page for when and where. I expect fewer live gigs this year as I concentrate more on recording, but anything is possible. Besides my own projects, I am also collaborating with some other folks. More about that soon. So, all in all, still kicking it out and looking forward to a productive year ahead.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment